Thursday, March 22, 2007

March 22 - Thank You

I've been asked by a few people who know I have this blog how much time it takes. Usually, these posts take about 1/2 hour. This one will probably be shorter. It depends. If I am writing about a topic that I have researched in the past and have a reasonably well formed opinion, already, then it is just a matter of getting it down and spending a short time verifying my facts.

In other cases, like the early post on the Barbary Coast Pirates, I had little pre-existing knowledge, so it took a fair bit of reading, probably a couple of hours, before writing anything. That topic still intrigues me. I find it interesting that there is so little published about the Barbary Wars.

Tomorrow's subject is already selected for me. Patrick Henry is the inspiration and tomorrow is the anniversary date of his famous speech. By the time I am done, I will have a fair bit of research behind me to get down everything I want to on that subject.

This has been an enriching experience for me, both for the opportunity to practice and try to improve my writing skills and to broaden my mind a bit. Your comments have been a good test for me to see how well formed my opinions are. They have also helped me understand where my writing has failed to convey my point. With hope, I can do better in future posts.

Thank you for reading, thank you for commenting and I hope you keep doing so.

Best regards,
YourHumbleHost

1 comment:

joeyblades said...

Not as much exercise as a bicycle debate, but much more fact checking...

I hope you can keep it up.