Tuesday, March 13, 2007

March 13 - 300

No one expects a marauding Persian horde.

I have precisely two things to say about 300:

1) It has no moral ambiguity whatsoever.
2) Go see it (but, don't take your wife, probably.)
3) Its sole negative is the cinematography, but maybe you'd like it. I prefer attempts at pseudo-realism such as in the Lord of the Rings to the grainy, artsy images in 300.

O.K. Three things.

4) The plot is pretty good, and the battle scenes are very well choreographed and dramatic.

Four. Four things.

5) The movie has an element of the fantastic to it in that creatures that don't exactly exist show up.

Fine, five things. There. Done. Bring out the comfy chair, I've got a movie to watch.

2 comments:

YourHumbleHost said...

So, I'm new at this. Thanks for the pointer. I also removed the reference from my head (it was very funny to me, there) and put it in the post so it can be funny to other people too. Better now, I think.

joeyblades said...

I saw the PBS special... Probably better and no non-existent creatures showing up for mere entertainment value.