Thursday, August 9, 2007

August 9 - Gluttony

This is a brief follow up to yesterday's post. Some things I left unsaid.

I love to eat. Many of my friends know they can count on me to know where to eat. As I mentioned, I get to treat others to meals from time to time in my line of work and you can bet that customers don't ask you to take them to Mickey D's. Eating wise, there is nothing I like so much as to sit down to a 20oz Ribeye with a side of Bearnaise sauce, a baked potato drenched in butter and a pile of sauteed vegetables, preceeded by an appetizer of shrimp cocktail and a wedge salad with blue cheese crumbles and dressing, bacon, tomatoes and croutons all accompanied with a nice red wine and followed by a creme brulee and a glass of port. Yep, if you have the opportunity to have me take you to dinner, you should definitely take me up on it :-)

That one meal almost assuredly exceeds the total calories I am consuming in a day, right now. Oh well. It will happen again, for a treat, that I earn with calorie deficits elsewhere, but not right now.

I just did not want to leave anyone with the impression that I don't realize that it is all my bad habits that have me where I am.

I also don't really want anyone to think that I think this is a diet, per se. Calorie control is what I am going to try to do for the rest of my life and it is something that I am going to try to make easy to do.

That said, I still love to eat, so I know that in order to occasionally eat the gluttonous meals I so truly love, I am going to have to figure out how to make room for them in my calorie budget. I expect a combination of exercise with a little cutting back on other meals will suffice.

Since yesterday, I lost another 1.5#. This will slow radically, shortly. I calculate that is a little more than 4# water loss. It would not surprise me if I woke up tomorrow with no additional loss. On the "how it feels" front, it is after noon and I have not had lunch yet and I am only feeling the slightest of hunger. This has been much easier, from a discomfort perspective than I expected. The hardest part has been overcoming the snacking urge which has far more to do with things other than hunger and is habitual so it just happens without much conscious thought. So far so good. No straying.

1 comment:

joeyblades said...

I hear bicycling is good for that, too!

eh?

???