Monday, February 26, 2007

February 26 - BBQ

Some days, a guy just has to have BBQ. No, I don't mean pulling out the Weber and a pile of Kingsford and trying to singe your eyebrows. That's grilling. And I sure don't mean shredding a bunch of meat and drowning it in a sweet tomatoey sauce between two pieces of bread. I don't know what to call that, but it sure ain't BBQ. Nope, I mean big hunks of bovine seasoned with a dry rub and very slowly cooked next to a wood fire. And when I say very slowly, I mean it. A 12 pound brisket should take 18 hours cooked to perfection. Sauce should not come into the picture until the meat is on your plate, er, butcher paper.

Meat, in other words. As the saying goes, I didn't kick scratch and claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegetables. Meat. And lots of it. Brisket, sausage, ribs, mmmmm. Dr. Atkins is my hero, may he forever rest in blissful peace.

No comments: